Gary is a Principal and Regional Science + Technology leader in our Boston office with a diverse educational background including life sciences, architecture and engineering. His multi-disciplinary training enables him to connect with research clients and effectively plan innovative research environments that inspire researchers while giving them uniquely-effective facilities that enable every aspect of the discovery process. He has led the planning and implementation of more than 5 million square feet of research facilities including new buildings and renovation projects for academic and biopharmaceutical clients. Gary is a dedicated mentor to our staff actively transferring his expertise to our next generation of research architects. Gary is also involved in business development and marketing by supporting his partners in growing their practices and helping guide the evolution of the Boston office. Gary speaks nationally about new approaches to research planning and how buildings can shape and support the creation of sustainable and productive research cultures. He also co-authored a book on research building programming and planning, released by Wiley Publishing in 2008, focused on new approaches to the programming and planning process. An active participant in the Association of Independent Research Institutes (AIRI), Gary regularly interacts with its membership to educate them relative to innovations in research planning and design and to gain insight from them to deepen our understanding of their needs, priorities and the regulatory and funding environment that shapes what they do. In addition to AIRI, Gary participates in the activities and events of the local Biotechnology Council and parallel organizations focusing on the commercial and industrial real estate market such as the Association of University Research Parks (AURP). Gary also participates in various academic forums in the greater Boston area and nationally.
News + Media
- Bigelow Laboratory Recognised for Excellence in Design at International Lab Awards [News]
- R&D Magazine Reports on the Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences A Platinum Solution for Ocean Sciences [Publication]
- Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Science Honored in Laboratory of the Year Awards [News]
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in October Connect With Our People Throughout the Month [News]
- Perkins+Will Designs World-Class Research Campus in Coastal Maine New LEED® Platinum Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences Campus Helps Enable Scientific Vision [News]