Diversity + Inclusion + Engagement
Diversity drives innovation
We believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. In this global environment, we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Perkins+Will is founded on the belief that design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities. Gabrielle Bullock FAIA, NOMA, Director of Global Diversity, leads the firm’s Diversity + Inclusion + Engagement Council that is committed to fostering a culture rich in diverse talent, engagement and ideas, creating a diverse and inclusive practice and profession.
Diversity means moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, culture, color, race, religion, age, sexuality, physical abilities, generational differences, and economic settings to form a team of talented professionals creating excellent work. It means matching the diverse clients and users we serve with an equally diverse design team. It means understanding how diversity affects design. It means creating a diverse workplace that attracts a diverse talent pool.
Diversity + Inclusion + Engagement:
is about building the capacity of our workforce to serve our clients and our communities
is a collective mixture of differences and similarities
The values, beliefs, and experiences of a diverse workforce frame how we see the world, and are critical to building and delivering innovative, effective, and relevant services.
News + Media
- Perkins+Will Speakers Talk about Women in Architecture AIA Los Angeles Announces New Symposium on Women in Architecture: POWERFUL [News]
- Equity Through Sports + Art: A Design Dialogue in Atlanta From our Ideas + Buildings Blog [Blog]
- Gabrielle Bullock and Richard Miller Appointed AIA Fellows [News]
- Gabrielle Bullock Leads Perkins+Will’s Global Diversity Initiative [News]
- Eric Van Aukee and Gabrielle Bullock Take On New Roles At Perkins+Will Los Angeles [News]