Brodie Bain has over 25 years of design and planning experience, almost exclusively in higher education. By helping clients and institutions think strategically and intentionally about near and long term project planning decisions, she enables institutions to achieve their mission through the creation of supportive physical environments. Her comprehensive understanding of colleges and universities through campus planning, space programming, utilization studies, and pre-designs for a variety of project types and scales brings a comparative perspective that is invaluable to clients. Her approach stems from a passion for listening carefully to leadership, stakeholders, and users and translating those needs and priorities into workable space – all within the context of physical opportunities and operational constraints. The final plan, no matter the priorities, must integrate function, placement, and image into campus open space, connections and context. Brodie has worked across the country for state universities, private colleges, and community colleges, and most recently has developed and lectured on innovative approaches to sustainable campus planning. She is an active member of the Society for College and University Planning (SCUP), the Advancement for Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE), the Environmental Design Research Association (EDRA), and currently sits on the Seattle Design Commission.
News + Media
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in March 2016 Connect With Our People Throughout the Month [News]
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in June 2015 Connect With Our People Throughout the Month [News]
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in March 2015 Connect With Our People Throughout the Month [News]
- Brodie Bain, Robert Goodwin, and Bill Schmalz Appointed AIA Fellows American Institute of Architects Honors Three Perkins+Will Leaders [News]
- Perkins+Will Announces Firmwide Promotions for 2014 Global Architecture and Design Leader Recognizes Leadership [News]