Dan explains his architecture and planning approach as "original, skillful and affordable." His award-winning designs, significant international experience and emphasis on planning provide comprehensive leadership for the firm's Science + Technology group, ultimately ensuring the highest quality facilities within each client's budget. As leader within Perkins+Will's Science + Technology practice, Dan Watch has been responsible for the design of some of the most significant laboratory facilities both in the US and abroad. Through constant research, he is able to provide the latest trends and design solutions for clients of government, private sector, and academic research laboratories including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Homeland Security, National Institutes of Health and several academic academic and private industry research institutions. Additionally, Dan has been invited to speak at numerous noteworthy institutions including the Academy of Sciences in Beijing, Edinburgh's Science Parks and Harvard University. Dan has written and published three books. The first book, Building Type Basics for Research Laboratories, is a one-stop source for the essential information architects need to fast-start the laboratory design process. He followed this up with a second edition incorporating the latest trends and case studies. His third book, Research for the Global Good, looks at the new sciences and their impact on the global economy.
News + Media
- New Brookings Institute Report Links New ‘Convergence’ Economy with Trends in Innovation and Workplace Design [News]
- Perkins+Will Helps Set National Standard in Laboratory Design by Revising Key U.S. Design Manual National Institutes of Health’s Design Requirements Manual is most comprehensive biomedical research facility design resource in U.S.
- Perkins+Will’s Dan Watch Authors New Book on Designing for Health Sciences Education [News]
- Connect with Perkins+Will at the 2016 AIA National Convention [News]
- Six Perkins+Will Leaders Appointed Fellows of the American Institute of Architects [News]
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in September 2014 Connect With Our People Throughout the Month [News]
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in April 2014 Connect With Our People Throughout the Month [News]
- Perkins+Will Designs Largest Neuroscience Facility in the United States [News]
- Four Things the U.S. Can Learn from Innovative Foreign Countries [Publications]
- Research for the Global Good: Supporting a Better World For All A Book by Dan Watch [Publications]