Ed serves as director of our Design Leadership Council. The Council, which includes all design principals, is chartered to ensure the continuity and furtherance of design excellence throughout the firm. Mr. Feiner is considered to be among the leading experts in the US Public Buildings Design and Planning, most notably for the design of courthouses. In 2009, Ed assumed a leadership position in the Washington, DC office as a firmwide resource. Before joining us, he was the Chief Architect of the US General Services Administration (GSA) from 1996 until 2005 where he led the agency's nationwide design and construction program, which included the development of Federal courthouses, office buildings, national laboratories, border stations and special-use projects. Ed held the most senior professional architectural position in the United States government. While at GSA, he founded the Design Excellence Program, which reinvented the federal procurement process for architecture. The program streamlined the process of commissioning a new building and focused on design quality. He was instrumental in the development and execution of GSA's Green Building Standards, program management and the design of GSA's first LEED certified projects. Ed personally reviewed and approved the concept designs of all Federal courthouses developed by GSA from 1985 through 2005.
News + Media
- Casey Jones, a National Leader in Design Excellence, Joins Perkins+Will [News]
- Connect with Perkins+Will at the 2016 AIA National Convention [News]
- Perkins+Will Announces Winners of its 2015 Design Competition [News]
- Perkins+Will Announces Winners of its 2014 DLC Design Competition [News]
- Ed Feiner to give the Keynote Address at the Festival of Architecture [News]
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in June [News]